Making phone life better
Launched in 2014 by former philosophy professor David Barnett after he invented the PopGrip by gluing buttons to the back of his phone.
PopSockets has now sold over 230 million units of its iconic phone grips in 75 countries and has an expanding ecosystem of related products, including phone cases, wallets and mounts.
Their mission is to become an eternal positivity machine--an enduring global brand that makes an increasingly positive impact on the health and happiness of the planet.
They want to lead environmental and social change by partnering with leading nonprofits (they’ve donated over $4 million to 400 nonprofit organizations globally), dedicating their time to volunteer on impactful projects, and working to make their supply chain as environmentally-sound and ethical as possible.
In 2021, PopSockets was honored as one of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies.
Impact initiatives to date include:
- Poptivism platform and ChangeUp partnership that have resulted in over $4 million in cash and product donations to over 400 non-profits
- Low-friction recycling programs with TerraCycle
- Use of 99% recyclable and FSC certified packaging
- Fair Labor Association affiliate status with pursuit of accreditation underway
- Adoption of an animal-free policy with respect to products and corporate sponsored meals
- PopGrip Plant made with plant-based materials. $5 of each PopGrip Plant purchase is donated to Partnership for a Healthier America to help provide fruits and veggies to communities in need