Each Item Sold Supports Environmental Sustainability and Ethical Manufacturing
Based in Los Angeles, ÉTICA is rooted in the ideals of fair labor practices and environmentally conscious manufacturing. ÉTICA is a proud sponsor of 1% for the Planet, a global alliance of businesses financially committed to creating a healthy planet and supporting environmentally friendly solutions.
Their vision has come to life with the creation of ÉTICA Denim, an eco-friendly and sustainable brand that leaves the consumer looking amazing and feeling even better about reducing our carbon footprint and choosing to buy a better for all of us product.
Their Production & Wash Process:
- 90% less water than industry standard
- 63% less energy usage than industry standard
- 70% less chemical usage than industry standard
- All used wash stones are compressed into bricks to build low-income housing
- All factory water is filtered and used for farmland initiatives
Some amazing things they incorporate into their day-to-day practice to help give back:
- Merchandise ships in plant-derived biodegradable poly bags
- Hang tags are printed with soy-based ink on 100% recycled paper
- Labels are woven from 100% recycled material
- They recycle the water used to make our denim and use it for local farmland
- They compress the stones used during washing into bricks for low income housing
- They proudly provide our employees numerous benefits such as on staff doctors, handicap friendly opportunities, free meals and community outreach programs