Inspired by nature, contemporary art, architecture and travel
Corrine Anestopoulos founded this socially conscious, responsible company in 2005 in Toronto, Canada. The brand is known for its high level of craftsmanship, luxe materials and timeless, playful aesthetic for pieces that tell a story.
Ethically handcrafted pieces are made in small batches while working with local artisans & family-run small businesses to help minimize the company’s environmental impact and carbon footprint.
BIKO has graced the pages of Rolling Stone, ELLE and InStyle and Corrine has collaborated with retailers such as Nordstrom and Hudson's Bay Company, celebrities such as M.I.A. and Bianca Andreescu, and international corporations such as Mattel for Barbie's 60th Anniversary.
BIKO believes in supporting the most vulnerable in our communities and gives back through ongoing partnerships with charitable organizations, such as RETHINK Breast Cancer. Fundraising initiatives proudly raise money to support organizations such as Climate Action Network, Second Harvest, Sistering, Black Lives Matter, Black Health Alliance, and the Marsha P. Johnson Institute.
More interesting facts:
- 40% of all BIKO jewelry is made of recycled metals & components, saved hundreds of thousands of components from ending up in the landfill
- Committed to by continuously evaluating their practices
- Shipping packaging is plastic-free, recyclable and reusable. Local orders are done with bicycle couriers, when possible.
- They offer complimentary repairs, polishing and replating services, FOR LIFE
- BIKO was nominated for the Canadian Arts & Fashion Accessory Designer of the Year Award for three consecutive years - 2018, 2019 and 2020.