ECYCLE Upcycled Sweatshirt - Vintage White/GreyETICA
EACH ITEM SOLD SUPPORTS ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND ETHICAL MANUFACTURING
Based in Los Angeles, ÉTICA is rooted in the ideals of fair labor practices and environmentally conscious manufacturing. ÉTICA is a proud sponsor of 1% for the Planet, a global alliance of businesses financially committed to creating a healthy planet and supporting environmentally friendly solutions.
Their vision has come to life with the creation of ÉTICA Denim, an eco-friendly and sustainable brand that leaves the consumer looking amazing and feeling even better about reducing our carbon footprint and choosing to buy a better for all of us product.
Their Production & Wash Process:
- 90% less water than industry standard
- 63% less energy usage than industry standard
- 70% less chemical usage than industry standard
- All used wash stones are compressed into bricks to build low-income housing
- All factory water is filtered and used for farmland initiatives
Some amazing things they incorporate into their day-to-day practice to help give back:
- Merchandise ships in plant-derived biodegradable poly bags
- Hang tags are printed with soy-based ink on 100% recycled paper
- Labels are woven from 100% recycled material
- They recycle the water used to make our denim and use it for local farmland
- They compress the stones used during washing into bricks for low income housing
- They proudly provide our employees numerous benefits such as on staff doctors, handicap friendly opportunities, free meals and community outreach programs
This refreshed basic, crafted from super soft french terry, gets a twist with upcycled denim details for an easy weekend look.
- 21" Length (HPS)
- Model shown in size Small.
- 64% Cotton, 36% Tencel
- Deadstock / Upcycling: With these methods, pre-existing fabrics, or pre-existing garments are used as the raw materials for clothing. Solving the waste crisis is important and circular sourcing is the most sustainable way to produce clothing. Not only does it prevent landfill waste, but it eliminates the most environmentally challenging process (fabric production), saving large amounts of water, energy, and chemicals in the process.
- Low impact wash process: just a quick rinse!
- Hangtags, labels and packaging made entirely from recycled and biodegradable materials.
Post your purchase on IG: #akindheartstore #giftsthatgiveback #makingadifference #kindnessmatters